Within three years i used a Textmate as my primary text editor and I admired it, that's really flexible and simple editor, before that i worked with Eclipse, therefore its speed just hit me. However, there were some things that I could not cope, but it was not a big deal. I work as a front-end developer and I had been looking for a textmate plugin that would highlight pairs tag since i started using it. It's not critical, because when I work with my own file I know where the beginning and end of the tag, but when you open someone else's file, it helps. Secondly, when I press 'CMD+left' i wanted to see cursor on the first character in a string, rather than on the beginning of the line. It's annoying a bit.
Recently @denlunev advised me one great editor "Sublime Text 2", I took it very skeptically, but when I tried it, this editor impressed me. Literally overnight I was able to find all the necessary plug-ins and after that it was very useful.
Here is some merit in my opinion:
- Cross Platform
- Multi Select
- Very easy to manage plugins with "Package Control"
- Nice Build system
Some useful plugins:
Plugin that allows you to use ZenCoding in this editor
The principle of this plugin is not complicated, when you select the scope of text with variables pressing a certain key combination is aligned with our code to the same column by inserting spaces (or tabs).
- Align multiple selections to the same column by inserting spaces (or tabs)
- Align all lines in a multi-line selection to the same indent level
- Align the first = on each line of a multi-line selection to the same column
Pretty simple but useful plugin. Converts the word currently being touched by cursor to camel case (ctrl+alt+c), pascal case (ctrl+alt+p), or snake case (ctrl+alt+s).
Plugin that allows you to elegantly adjust your code without much effort.
Pligin which enables you to quickly increase / decrease the value of various fast
- numbers (integer and fractional)
- dates in ISO format YYYY-MM-DD (months from 1 to 12, days from 1 to 31)
- hex color values (#fff or #ffffff)
- opposite relations or cycled enumerations (true => false, Jan => Feb => Mar ...)
Highlight for sass, scss, haml files.
With this plugin you can see the pair of tags.
A Sublime Text 2 plugin that provides a key-binding to docksend the current open file through Transmit. Press cmd+u to Docksend the currently open file.
I hope that you will appreciate this editor. Good bye.